27 April 2012

Superheroes


The above song doesn't have have much to do with this post but it was released as a single from the soundtrack of 'Kick-Ass', a great superhero film in my opinion.

So... superheroes. Well, I write today under that post title for two reasons.

Firstly, my Nightwing costume is almost done! And before anybody asks, I'll have pictures and videos of it soon...

Secondly, I've been thinking quite a bit about myself and Dylann. I assume that at least most of you know that Dylann is only a name. "restwalker" is also a random word and yet it's an identity that I have taken on.

So in that sense and others, I'm like a superhero.

Well, I don't fight crime, I do whatever this is instead to hopefully entertain you all. In all my videos I hide behind a 'mask', whether it's duct tape or shaving foam, either way, very few people know what I look like. I use an alter-ego to hide my true identity. And in certain videos, I wear a costume because I really don't look like a skater in real life.

To all of you, I have an open question. Do you mind?

I know a few people have said that they're really curious as to what my real name is. Although others have liked the mystery; the fact that I could walk past you on the street and you wouldn't even know it.

Let me know what you think, I'm curious.

6 comments:

  1. I do not mind. Privacy is important.

    That isn't to suggest I'm not curious though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carry on mate. If you want to be 'Mystery Man' that's not a problem as far as I am concerned. Good luck and take care! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind,

    As you know you have helped me alot and I would love to be able to say thank you in person one day (and it only has to be for a drink and nothing else)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can call yourself whatever you like as far as I am concerned. I feel I know your personality a little from your blog (thanks for this!! :) and our online chats, but I don't need to know your real name.

    That said, it would be nice to recognise you if we walked past each other in the street so seeing what you look like would be good but as others have said we realise that your privacy is important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As far as I'm concerned, I'm a freeloading lurker who hasn't even had the guts to say thank you for anything, so I have no right to object to what you call yourself - but as I understand it part of the popularity of superheroes and masks is that others can read into a mask what they want.

    People who see you online will always see a mask and not the real person, whether that's on your side or on theirs. That said, you've given at least some insight on the personality and character of the person behind the mask is, which is more than a lot of people do - even some people who talk every day using real names.

    PS. From a rubbish lurker - thank you for sharing and giving me much entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your ok with letting us see you or your identity being known thats ok but iam ok with it if you whatever you feel comfortable with

    ReplyDelete